Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Smoked Salmony Nibbly Things

British celebrity Myleene Klass popped up in my mailbox today saying she "couldn't cope being a size 8." I clicked on the link fully expecting to read that she would rather be a size 6. I was anticipating my reaction already, which is that people should be the weight they are most comfortable at. I wouldn't judge her for wanting to be a 6 rather than an 8. But that's not what she was saying.

"I have gone against the accepted wisdom that the best things happen to women when they are at their thinnest. When I was at my smallest I was most unhappy. I was in a miserable relationship and my career was nowhere. The best things have happened to me when I am most natural and curvy."

So even though I've never heard of her, I found that refreshing and figured I'd post it. Also, there are plenty of bikini photos in that article, and she looks absolutely fabulous.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger mo pie said...

I should also note that these are british sizes, which are two sizes smaller than U.S. sizes, I believe. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she's currently a size 6 U.S. and she had gotten down to a 4.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

She looks awesome! I love that body type. She is fit and in shape but still has enough fat and muscle on her to be curvy and inviting.

3:38 PM  
Blogger BC said...

Yes -- a UK size 8 is a US size 4. I just bought some clothes from the UK and it is in fact a two-size difference. So the size she's happy with is a size 6. Which is still pretty skinny and I suspect she's not eating a whole lot.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's a UK 10 which is a US 8. not 6.

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Myleene might be getting her size, and the circumstances influencing her size, mixed up. At my thinnest I was also my most miserable, but that was because I was going through a divorce, and anxiety first curbed my appetite, then prevented me from holding down food. I was not unhappy because I was thin, the bad things going on in my life were not happening because I was thin, rather I was thin because of the incredible disaster that was my life at the time.

She looks gorgeous as she is, but I don't think the message should be, "Don't get thin because it will make you miserable."

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soory! A UK 10 is a US 6 as beth said, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's not eating. I eat quite a lot and I'm a UK 10/12.

2:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8MWTip Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fZVPbJ Please write anything else!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eDgfSO Good job!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello all!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home